The educational services of the Pius XII Museum aim to provide students and teachers with the opportunity to accompany school programmes, encouraging a better perception of the collections and different sections that compose the museum.
The main objective is to educate and raise awareness, in a pedagogical and fun way, in subjects such as History, Art, Heritage, the Environment, Inclusion and Citizenship.
Adaptable to all audiences and ages, the Services develop the skills of Seeing and Hearing.
As well as guided tours and exploration visits, the Pius XII Museum Educational Services also offer artistic expression workshops, visits for teachers, educators, sociocultural mentors.
The Pius XII Museum also provides education programmes for birthday parties and school holidays.
The activities include:
- Guided visits
- Travelling in time with…One Museum, One History
- Exploring the Henrique Medina Gallery
- The Tower and the City, what story do they tell?
- Roman artists of the time (Roman Braga)
- Christmas with many hands
- Come and make your best costume…Carnival is at the Pius XII Museum
- A present for father
- A poem for mother
- Easter is by/for everyone
- S. João of Braga…as told by the children
- Ever-existing games (remembering traditional games)
- Playing with Maths
- Pius XII Museum sudoku
- Time for a story